Flexible Filly Slow Feed Grazing Muzzle
$3.00 – $64.00
- Our slow feed grazing horse muzzle that is unlike the typical heavy, hard, and “cage-like” apparatus. We have rethought the design to be softer, lighter and less confining. Constructed of a pliable material that reduces the chances of the muzzle getting snagged, it is also soft on equine teeth and lips. The Flexible Filly Slow Feed Grazing Muzzle is well-ventilated and safe, rated to break just before your leather turnout halter.
Available in two sizes. There is so much flexibility in this horse grazing muzzle it will fit a variety of horses.
Pony, cob or Arabian: Order the 24″ size; medium.
Horse Sizing: 24″ or 25″ Follow guideline below
- My Horse sized halter fits when at the middle hole or above, order the 24″.
- My Horse size halter fits at the bottom hole or two, order the 25″. If you are on the fence, always order DOWN to the smaller size.
Draft or Oversize: Order the 25″; large.
**Mini Muzzle sizes are in BETA testing- these will be the small size.**
The muzzle is made from one of the most durable polymers on the planet, fungal/mold/UV resistant. Don’t let all that simplicity get in the way. It has taken years to get the right materials to work this well! It is safe, effective and durable. The muzzle is ideal for slowing down speedy eaters, limiting grazing, and can help curb minor cribbing problems. The muzzle can also keep horses from chewing on leg wraps, wood, or blankets. It works extremely well with all automatic waterers and has UV protection which works much like sunscreen for those delicate noses.
Applying your new muzzle.
What you will need:
- Halter: We recommend you commit a dedicated well fitting breakaway turnout halter to your muzzle.
- 10 Minutes: It generally takes about 10 minutes to get everything perfect the first time you install a Flexible Filly Muzzle. Subsequent halters will take about 3 minutes.
How to begin:
Use the enclosed paper ties or a string to discover the best holes to secure your muzzle to your halter. The paper ties are a temporary tool allowing you to easily adjust the fit.
Once you are satisfied you have the correct holes aligned to the halter please remove the paper ties or string and permanently secure the muzzle with the included cable ties.
How to orient the muzzle:
Two of the “fins” have a triangle cut out. These attach to the square (side) rings on your turnout halter. Three fins will connect to the nose band, one in the center, the other two fall naturally to the sides of center. Three fins will connect to the chin band; one in the center, two naturally to the sides of the center. (see image below).
Securing the muzzle:
First secure each triangle cut out fin with one of the enclosed low profile cable ties. Do not wrap the fins around the halter, doing so may cause rubs.
After finding the best fit for your horse, simply trim the excess fin material just above the top hole being used. It is fine to wait a day or two to ensure your muzzle is a comfortable distance from your horse’s mouth prior to trimming.
How the proper fit looks:
When properly installed, the muzzle should be close to but not touching the nose of the horse. If the muzzle is touching the nose simply make the fins under the chin longer, this will lift the muzzle away from the nose.
The “keeper” on the cable tie are on the outside of the muzzle and the excess is facing down and trimmed close.
If you have fitted the muzzle properly and the muzzle is the correct size it will work famously. If you find there is too much grazing room be sure your fins are snugly secured to your halter. The fins should not move along the nose band. If it does simply pull the cable tie tighter.
Returns and Warranty Information:
Flexible Filly Muzzles come with a full 6 month product replacement warranty.
Please follow these directions to qualify for a 30 day product satisfaction refund.
- Before you return, please email 2 photos of your horse wearing the muzzle. One grazing and one not grazing. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org. This way we can make sure it is fitting properly and offer guidance if needed.
**It is our experience this muzzle works on every horse when owners have the correct size and it is fitted properly and secured. We are here to help you become accustomed to this new patented design**
The Flexible Filly Muzzle will not cause rub marks and is gentle on equine lips and teeth. We understand the halter you choose may rub so we designed a set of halter wraps (sold separately) made of our anti-fungal, no rub ThinLine material Available in Black or Brown, one size fits all. Use coupon code ThinLine for extra savings. Wraps will appear below your shopping card after you add your new muzzle.
You may also like…
Recommended for you
Questions and answers of the customers
- Q I have a draft, percheron gelding. He doesn't wear a horse size halter. When will you be doing a larger size for drafts? I want in!A Thank you for your question! Give the large a try! It fits a wide size range and has a 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
- A Thank you for your question! The Medium size (24") Flexible Filly Muzzle is the best choice for ponies, cob size, and full size horses that wear their halters on the smallest holes.
- A Thank you for your question! The high-performance muzzle material is UV resistant. It doesn't react to the sun and also offers some protection for delicate noses.