Flexible Filly Slow Feed Grazing Muzzle
$3.00 – $64.00
Our slow feed grazing horse muzzle that is unlike the typical heavy, hard, and “cage-like” apparatus. We have rethought the design to be softer, lighter and less confining. Constructed of a pliable material that reduces the chances of the muzzle getting snagged, it is also soft on equine teeth and lips. The Flexible Filly Slow Feed Grazing Muzzle is well-ventilated and safe, rated to break just before your leather turnout halter.
Available in two sizes. There is so much flexibility in this horse grazing muzzle sizes will fit a variety of horses.
Pony, Cob, Arabian or Horses on the smaller side: Order the Pony/Horse Size.
Larger Horse, Draft and Oversize: Order Horse/Warmblood.
**Mini Muzzle sizes are in BETA testing- these will be available in July or August.**
-Works well with all automatic waterers.
-Offers more comfort and breathability than any other equine grazing muzzle.
The grazing muzzle is made from one of the most durable polymers on the planet, fungal/mold/UV resistant. Don’t let all that simplicity get in the way. It has taken years to get the right materials to work this well! It is safe, effective and durable. The muzzle is ideal for slowing down speedy eaters, limiting grazing, and can help curb minor cribbing problems. The muzzle can also keep horses from chewing on leg wraps, wood, or blankets. It works extremely well with all automatic waterers and has UV protection which works much like sunscreen for those delicate noses.
Famous for Innovation in Shock Absorbing Equine Products – ThinLine hopes you enjoy the muzzle in addition to our full line of tack.
Directions for Applying your new muzzle.
What you will need:
- Halter: We recommend you commit a dedicated well fitting breakaway turnout halter to your muzzle.
- 10 Minutes: It generally takes about 10 minutes to get everything perfect the first time you install a Flexible Filly Muzzle. Subsequent halters will take about 3 minutes. Be patient with yourself. This is a new design. When owners have the fit correct we see nothing but happy horses and riders.
How to begin:
Fit your halter to your horse. Take the string from the bag, or just a piece of bailing twine, run it from the bottom of one square ring, across the horses’ lips (just touching) to the square ring on the opposite side. Mark or cut your string. Place the string on the portion of the muzzle with the triangle cutouts. This will be the holes you use for the correct fit. Use the enclosed paper ties The paper ties are a temporary tool allowing you to easily adjust the fit before securing with the permanent cable ties.
Once you are satisfied you have the correct holes aligned to the halter please remove the paper ties or string and permanently secure the muzzle with the included cable ties.
How to orient the muzzle:
Two of the “fins” have a triangle cut out. These attach to the square (side) rings on your turnout halter. Three fins will connect to the nose band, one in the center, the other two fall naturally to the sides of center. Three fins will connect to the chin band. Connect one in the center of the chin band (do not use the ring). The other two connect naturally to the sides of the center. (see image below).
Securing the muzzle:
Secure each triangle cut out fin with one of the enclosed low profile cable ties. Do not wrap the fins around the halter, doing so may cause rubs.
After finding the best fit for your horse, simply trim the excess fin material just above the top hole being used. It is fine to wait a day or two to ensure your muzzle is a comfortable distance from your horse’s mouth prior to trimming but trimming is important. When the excess fin material is trimmed close the muzzle will not rub.
How the proper fit looks:
When properly installed, the muzzle should be close to but not touching the nose of the horse. If the muzzle is touching the nose simply make the fins under the chin longer, this will lift the muzzle away from the nose.
The “keeper” on the cable tie is on the outside of the muzzle and the excess is facing down and trimmed close.
If you have fitted the muzzle properly and the muzzle is the correct size it will work famously. If you find there is too much grazing room be sure your fins are snugly secured to your halter. The fins should not move along the noseband. If it does simply pull the cable tie tighter.
- The straps should be evenly spaced. Center front, center chin and then one to each side – even from each other. (see photos)
- The straps should be secured snug with the zip ties. You should NOT be able to move the straps along the halter.
- The muzzle should be less than one finger distance from their lips – see the silly pony, is it close enough to stick a tongue through?
- TRIM away the excess material above the halter nose/chin strap. Please take a pair of scissors and trim in a rounded fashion.
Returns and Warranty Information:
Flexible Filly Grazing Muzzles come with a full 6-month product replacement warranty.
Please follow these directions to qualify for a 30-day product satisfaction refund.
- Before you return, please email 2 photos of your horse wearing the muzzle. One grazing and one not grazing. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org. This way we can make sure it is fitting properly and offer guidance if needed.
**It is our experience this muzzle works on every horse when owners have the correct size and it is fitted properly and secured. We are here to help you become accustomed to this new patented design**
The Flexible Filly Muzzle will not cause rub marks and is gentle on equine lips and teeth. We understand the halter you choose may rub so we designed a set of halter wraps (sold separately) made of our anti-fungal, no rub ThinLine material Available in Black or Brown, one size fits all. Use coupon code ThinLine for extra savings.
You may also like…
Recommended for you
Questions and answers of the customers
- A Thank you for your question! The Flexible Filly Grazing Muzzle comes with everything you need: clear instructions, the muzzle, temporary twist ties for fitting, and two sets of zip ties for attaching to your turnout halter!
- Q We have automatic water unit in the pasture - can my horse drink out of an auto unit with this muzzle on?A Thank you for your question! The Flexible Filly Muzzle is flexible enough to fit into automatic waterers. We offer a 30-day satisfaction guarantee, so please feel free to give it a try!
- A Thank you for your question! The hole is about 1 1/2" across.
- Q I have a draft, percheron gelding. He doesn't wear a horse size halter. When will you be doing a larger size for drafts? I want in!A Thank you for your question! Give the large a try! It fits a wide size range and has a 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
- A Thank you for your question! The Medium size (24") Flexible Filly Muzzle is the best choice for ponies, cob size, and full size horses that wear their halters on the smallest holes.
- A Thank you for your question! The high-performance muzzle material is UV resistant. It doesn't react to the sun and also offers some protection for delicate noses.