What is ThinLine?
ThinLine is a thin, shock absorbing non slip breathable foam.
Where is the ThinLine?
It is sewn onto the panel of our saddle pads. Here you can see the ThinLine foam on top of a western cotton liner pad. And all the saddle fitting inserts available floating over the english half pad.
Saddle fitting solutions are easy with ThinLine.
Create a comfortable fit by saddle fitting with the best therapeutic materials.
- High Withers: Add Front shims to any pad.
- Mutton withers: Any ThinLine pad without saddle fitting shims.
- Hollow or Sway Backs: Add bridging shims.
- Rider Balance: Adding a pair of shims to one side can fix balance issues.
- Saddle Balance: Front or rear Shims, depending on your issue.
- Saddle Slippage: Generally no shims are needed, the ThinLine Pad alone will solve this.
- Saddle Pad Slippage: Generally your tree is too wide. Add a Booster or front Shim.
- Equine or Rider Back Soreness: No shims needed, ThinLine protects both.
- Equine Asymmetry: place both of the pair of shims on the hollow side.
- Kissing Spine Relief: Add a Booster Shim to any ThinLine pad.
- Treeless Saddle Pad Comfort: Add a Booster Shim to any ThinLine Pad.
Stacking and layering saddle fitting shims.
- ThinLine pads accept up to three 1/4 inch saddle fit shims in a single location.
- 1/4 inch front, bridging and rear shims are the most popular but you can also purchase a thinner 3/16″ shim for bridging issues or to fill behind wide shoulders.
- Layering sets of shims will create an even transition for major saddle fit issues. Shims may also be cut with a pair of scissors for custom work.
- Full booster shims are 3/16 inch thin, when placed under the panel of ThinLine already on your pad you have now generated 1/4 inch of ThinLine protection.
How to order Saddle Fitting Shims.
Select a ThinLine Saddle Pad. Once the pad is in your shopping cart, scroll down and you will see a product called “Add Saddle Fitting Shims To The Pad In My Cart”, simply add the shims you need. Saddle fitting with this with shock absorbing foam provides balance, comfort and protection for horse and rider. Now you simply need to find the pad that fits the dimensions of your saddle and the style that fits your life.
Image: Booster Shim Inserted into Pad
With or without shims, ThinLine protects horses and creates better saddle fit. Master Saddlers and ThinLine developed a shimming system designed to create custom saddle fit while also providing shock absorbing pressure relieving benefits. ThinLine saddle fitting shims are made from the same trademark foam found on ThinLine pads. In addition, shims are easily inserted or removed and stay in place during riding and washing. Now adjusting your saddle also provides more ThinLine comfort. The full, open panel allows you to place shims exactly where you need them. Use up to three pairs of 1/4 inch shims in the same location at once.
Easily resolve saddle fit issues for horses with hollow or sway back, high withers, saddle balance, mutton withers (rolling saddles), asymmetrical fit, or sore backs.
Or read on to learn more.
ThinLine is the only product endorsed by surgeons, master saddlers & veterinarians.
“The manner in which this product absorbs motion encourages horses to lift their backs, developing strength and top-line. It has been endorsed by Veterinarians, as well as Spinal Surgeons for Riders. It is a top pick for Master Saddlers around the world, Equine Chiropractors and Massage Therapists carry it on their trucks to keep horses going strong, supple and relaxed. Because ThinLine is dedicated to the comfort and health of horses we even work with other Therapeutic Companies such as Back On Track; where they incorporate ThinLine into their designs.”
It is the dual benefits of extraordinary shock absorption and motion reduction that really sets ThinLine apart from other saddle pads.
ThinLine is a unique, open-cell foam which moves shock, weight, and heat laterally along the pad without compressing. The result is 95% shock absorption. But don’t let all the testing and technology get in the way of what really happens; extraneous motion and impact is nearly eliminated, leading to comfort and a quiet connection for both parties. All this is delivered in a breathable product measuring only 3/16 of an inch (4.6mm) in thickness.
Every Saddle Pad comes with this extraordinary technology. English and Western saddle pads also come with a pocket to add saddle fitting shims, also made of the same shock absorbing foam. Nonslip and breathable.
The ThinLine moves impact laterally instead of up into the rider’s spine. Thus reducing back strain, providing wear and tear protection for riders’ spines while improving equitation and delivering a close contact feel.
Technology For Horses:
Master Saddlers research ThinLine.
So many horses improve top-line muscle tone by using ThinLine Master Saddlers such as Cordia Person (CSF) who also educates saddle fitters on how to shim with ThinLine. Custom saddles, fitters like Cordia, recommend Basic ThinLine Pads to protect backs and keep saddles fitting until the next check. ThinLine will not alter the fit of custom saddles.